Updated patterns!

I'm in the process of updating my old patterns, particularly the bibs, to include charts. I'm rewriting some of the directions to make the patterns even easier and including alternative methods for beginning the bibs and for making the ties. Look for these patterns in the sidebar to see which ones have been added. It's a slow process, but eventually, they'll all be there!



Thursday, September 17, 2009

Secret Revealed!

A while ago, I mentioned that I had a secret project that I couldn't discuss, but now I can tell you that I was asked to contribute a design for the new online magazine Petite Purls . The Fall issue went live this past Tuesday. If you haven't heard about it yet, it's a magazine along the lines of Knitty , except that all the patterns are devoted to babies, toddlers and children. The patterns are all free and are available through their website. My pattern is an elephant bib which I named "Peanut". Here he is in Rose Pink:

And here he is in Silver Gray, both by Peaches & Creme.

In the magazine, it's modeled by the sweet daughter of one of the editors. They graciously arranged for all the photography. Well, except for my picture which was provided courtesy of my husband. Fortunately, it's in black and white so you can't see all my gray hairs!

3 comments:

oylenshpeegul said...

Awesome! Peanut looks great and so does the article! Congratulations!

Nicole said...

Congratulations Elaine! I'm so happy you were able to do this!!! I love your little Peanut :)

DawnK said...

It is so cute! Congrats on making it into Petite Purls! My kids have had fun knitting your bibs. I've just had fun knitting the washcloths!