Updated patterns!

I'm in the process of updating my old patterns, particularly the bibs, to include charts. I'm rewriting some of the directions to make the patterns even easier and including alternative methods for beginning the bibs and for making the ties. Look for these patterns in the sidebar to see which ones have been added. It's a slow process, but eventually, they'll all be there!



Monday, November 9, 2009

The Expanding Zoo

Yes, before you ask, I am still working on my Christmas/Holiday bib and cloth for this year! However, just to keep you happy in the meantime, here is a set that I did awhile ago, but haven't got around to posting. Another addition to this zoo kick I was on!
I know "Studley" is kind of lame, but the original name I had picked out was already taken. I was having trouble coming up with anything so, as I was thinking "What should I name a stud like you?", it just came to me and I decided to stick with it! Thank you again to all my awesome test knitters!

Now, on another note, I have to vent a little about my patterns. The key word here is "MY" patterns. I think I've been pretty generous with them. I don't mind if you want to make them and sell them as long as you give me credit as the designer. Make a bunch, I don't care. However, I do mind if you take my pattern and post it in its entirety on your blog. Seriously, how hard is it to just post a link to my blog? Frankly, I'm getting tired of having to have these confrontations, so please, I beg you, be respectful of my wishes and my copyright, and knock it off! Okay, so I got that off my chest, I feel better and I'm moving on. Thanks for letting me vent!

2 comments:

Azangelique53 said...

Hi Elaine, I love your designs and have made several as gifts. I just finished the turkey dishcloth, one in olive green and one in a light rust. I would not mind a bit if you charged for your patterns. I have many dishcloth patterns I have bought for $2 a pattern. You have a wonderful talent and people should not take your credit away from you.
Thanks and happy designing.
Lorri

Donna said...

I would be sad if you charged: I love your patterns, but going through international currency changes for a cloth or bib pattern just isn't practical. That said, I adore your patterns and am working on some for my grandbabies for Christmas. Thank you so much for sharing!

Waving from New Zealand :-)