Updated patterns!

I'm in the process of updating my old patterns, particularly the bibs, to include charts. I'm rewriting some of the directions to make the patterns even easier and including alternative methods for beginning the bibs and for making the ties. Look for these patterns in the sidebar to see which ones have been added. It's a slow process, but eventually, they'll all be there!



Monday, July 4, 2011

Monkeying Around

Remember Imp?
















I think this is one of the most popular patterns that I have.  Unfortunately, I wrote the pattern over two years ago and since then I have had numerous questions about the instructions. I decided it was time for a complete rewrite, something that I've been planning on doing with all the old patterns.  This is the second pattern I've done.  (garter stitch bib was the first.)  This update now includes alternate directions for using the short rows to begin and also directions for either crocheting or knitting the ties.  Also, this pattern now contains a chart.  Hopefully, these changes will make life easier for those of you who have struggled.

For the record, when the instructions say, for example:  "k1, p1 for 10 stitches"  It means the same as if I had written "(k1, p1) x5".  You don't knit one stitch and then purl 10 stitches.  This has been really confusing for a lot of knitters and I guess I can understand that.  What can I say, my pattern writing skills were obviously lacking!  I think I'll add a new category in my sidebar where I'll move the patterns that have been updated, so you can spot them easily.

For those of you who celebrate the 4th of July, have a happy holiday!

No comments: